FOR GROUPS AND ORGANISATIONS
- Launch a book on poetry or short prose, written by local children. This could then be sold to raise funds for the local library to buy more children’s books
- Make a time capsule on the theme of children or childhood. Get children to place memorabilia (poems, artwork, stories, photographs) in the time capsule to be reopened in 20 years
- Organise community displays promoting your organisations services to children
- Hold a debate about current issues related to children and discuss what your organisation does or can do for children
- Hold a community forum for people to voice their ideas for improvements to the services for children offered in your area
- Organise a talent quest or for the local theatre group to put on play at your local shopping centre
- Arrange the painting of a wall mural in your community
- Establish a children’s hall of fame to be displayed during Children’s Week.
Hold a photographic exhibition or competition at your local shopping centre around a them related to childhood
2017 CHILDREN’S WEEK: 21st OCTOBER – 29th OCTOBER 2017
CONTACT FOR POSTERS ETC
FOR POSTER, STICKERS FOR YOUR EVENT CONTACT :
Queensland Children’s Week Assoc. Inc.
84 Constitution Rd.
Mobile: 0448 468 618
FOR CHILD CARE CENTRES
- Organise a special family fun day for parents and children to enjoy
- Ask children to draw colourful posters of their family having fun together
- Organise a teddy bears picnic
- Hold a special Children’s Week morning tea for mums, dads and children to enjoy